You must hold a UK honours degree (or equivalent), preferably in English or a closely related subject, and preferably with at least a 2:1 or higher degree classification. As the MA in English assumes you will have completed an undergraduate degree in the subject, you will need some knowledge of undergraduate English literary studies to successfully complete this qualification.
Before you enter the degree you must be able to:
- write clear, concise, accurate prose
- read large quantities of text quickly and accurately
- classify evidence precisely and assess its value and reliability
- argue logically and coherently
- provide evidence in support of your ideas and arguments.
If you’re in any doubt about the suitability of your qualifications or previous experience, please contact us for advice before you enrol.
How long it takes
You will be able to complete this masters qualification within two and a half years by studying the first module in a year and a half and the second module in a year.