The interests of the Electromagnetic Wave Phenomena Group include:
- Modelling: electromagnetic waves and fields
- Fourier optics
- Superoscillations: the phenomenon where a bandlimited function oscillates faster than its fastest Fourier component
- Optical imaging: achieving superresolution through super-oscillations
- Other applications: superoscillations in other optical systems or systems that rely on optics
- Optimisation: of the trade-offs inherent in superoscillations
For more information, see the research highlights here.