The interests of the Combinatorics and Model Theory research group include the following topics.
- Graph theory: total, fractional, and star colourings of graphs; well-quasi-ordering; degree-diameter problem and cages
- Combinatorial designs: automorphisms and embeddings; infinite designs
- Latin squares
- Pattern-avoiding permutations and their connection with graph theory
- Theory of symmetric maps on surfaces
- Optimal network design
- Automorphism groups of combinatorial objects
The Group holds the one-day OU Winter Combinatorics Meeting in January every few years.
Combinatorics and Model Theory Group