Skip to content

Toggle service links

Credit transfer

Use your previous HE study to help you gain an OU qualification

You are here

  1. Home
  2. Frequently Asked Questions
  3. How do we decide which qualifications from overseas we award credit transfer for?

How do we decide which qualifications from overseas we award credit transfer for?

The OU awards credit transfer for certain overseas qualifications. In order to be eligible for an award both your previous qualification and the previous institution at which you studied must be included on this site.  

The current range of approved qualifications has been built over a number of years and we aim to consider those commonly occurring qualifications where there is a high level of demand. We use information from the European Network of Information Centres (ENIC), but final decisions on the approval of awards are made by the Credit Rating Panel on behalf of the University.

Unfortunately due to resource constraints we are unable to consider individual student requests to extend approval of awards.

Already studied?

 If you have already studied with the OU please sign in to make sure that you get the credit transfer information that is relevant to you. 

Contact us

If you have any queries about applying for credit transfer please feel free to contact us using the link below.

Please try to include:

  • which qualification you completed
  • the organisation you completed it through
  • when you completed it
  • which OU qualification you would like to transfer to

Contact us about credit transfer.

If you have general questions about the University feel free to contact us.

More information about The Open University.