The 39th Annual Conference of the Computers and Learning Research Group (CALRG) was held on 18th-19th June 2018 in the Open University’s Jennie Lee Building, Milton Keynes, UK.
This page archives the information about it.
CALRG is one of the UK‘s leading research groups in the use of technologies in education. CALRG’s annual conference provides a forum for members, as well as other researchers and practitioners at the OU, to present their work. We particularly encourage research students to contribute submissions and attend to discuss their project.
Our keynotes this year will be:
- Dr Andrew Manches, University of Edinburgh (Monday 18th June, 1000-1100hrs)
Link to livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKu3o9CkfEo
- Dr Manolis Mavrikis, UCL Knowledge Lab (Monday 18th June, 1330-1430hrs)
Link to livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF293yf3im0
- Prof Jane Seale, The Open University (Tuesday 19th June, 0945-1045hrs)
(Not live-streamed or recorded, only available face-to-face)
The conference will consist of two days of presentations and interactive sessions across a broad range of relevant topics, including:
- Computer-supported collaborative learning (CSCL)
- Accessible online learning
- Mobile learning
- Effective designing for learning and learner experiences
- Citizen science and public engagement
- Learning analytics
- Openness in education
- Game-based learning
- Professional learning
- Widening access and participation in education with technology
Please address all correspondence and enquiries about the CALRG 2018 conference to email@example.com
The Twitter hashtag for the conference is #CALRG2018 and the conference programme will be posted here nearer the time.