The 38th Annual CALRG Conference will be held on the 14th – 16th June 2017 in the Open University’s Jennie Lee Building in Meeting Room 1, ground floor.
CALRG’s annual conference provides a forum for CALRG members, including staff and research students at the Open University, to present and discuss their research and projects.
All paper abstracts for the three days can be found on this Cloudworks site.
*NEW* Alternatively, a full conference programme including the keynotes, all abstracts and conference schedule for the whole three days can also be downloaded as a PDF.
For the first time this year, we are asking attendees to register if they are intending to come along, to help us manage seating and catering arrangements.
- For Weds 14th/Thurs 15th June – Please register by filling in this registration form. Please register by 09.00hrs Weds 7 June 2017 and send any cancellations to email@example.com
- For Fri 16th June (FLAN day) – Please register by emailing Michelle Stannard directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, for attendance on Weds 14th June, please note that one of the people attending the event has a severe long-standing respiratory condition that means they can be vulnerable to environmental triggers. To ensure their safety it would be appreciated if you could avoid using perfumes and aftershaves on this day. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Keynotes and discussant:
Keynote 1: Weds 14th June:
Siân Bayne, University of Edinburgh: The death of a network: Yik Yak and the value of anonymous social media in universities (10.10-11.10hrs)
Keynotes 2 & 3: Thursday 15th June:
– Jennifer Preece, University of Maryland: Biodiversity Citizen Science: New Research Challenges for Human Computer Interaction (HCI) (10.00-11.00hrs)
– Ben Shneiderman, University of Maryland : The New ABCs of Research: Achieving Breakthrough Collaborations (13.30-14.30hrs)
Discussant: Friday 16th June:
Rupert Wegerif, University of Cambridge
Abstracts and biographies for all keynotes can be downloaded here (NEW – updated Sian Bayne title/abstract).
Poster sessions will be held during lunchtimes and coffee breaks on 14/15th June. Posters being displayed at the conference include:
- Andrew Brasher, Wayne Holmes and Denise Whitelock – Creating an Online Dimension for University Rankings
- Jake Hilliard, Karen Kear, Helen Donelan and Caroline Heaney – Students’ experiences and perceptions of anxiety in online collaborative learning (OCL)
- Tiberio Feliz and Ana Belén Andreu – The services to support students with disabilities at UNED
- Anne Adams and Gill Clough – Evidence Cafes for developing research and practice
- Lesley Boyd – Can technology-enabled learning networks help to achieve practical organisational improvement outcomes?
- Rob Janes, Elaine Moore, Elizabeth FitzGerald and Jo Iacovides – Identifying and addressing Tricky Topics in OU modules
- Pinsuda Srisontisuk – Parental perspective on young children’s use of touch-screen technology
Please address all correspondence and enquiries about the CALRG 2017 conference to email@example.com.
The Twitter hashtag for the conference is #CALRG2017