Credit Transfer and the BA (Hons) in Music

Do you already have a completed or partially-completed degree from another institution? Do you want to study our Music BA (Hons)? Did you know you may be able to use existing university credits–including music performance diplomas–to transfer on to our programme at Stage 2?

Depending on the subject you studied previously, you may be able to use your existing degree or partially-completed qualification to bypass some or all of the 120 credits that form our interdisciplinary Stage 1 study at the Open University, and begin straight away with our Stage 2 modules, A224 Inside music or A232 Music, sound and technology


When you complete your degree with us, your existing qualification remains unaffected  (of course) but you will have a second degree without having to study the full 360 credits, as detailed on this page.

You should apply for credit transfer before you register, at least 4 weeks before the registration closing date. Just tell us what you studied, where and when, and we’ll compare this against the learning outcomes for the music degree.

For more details and an application form, visit our Credit Transfer website.

About Ben Winters

Ben Winters is a Senior Lecturer in Music.
This entry was posted in Teaching, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.