Did you know that as well as linking ORO to ORCiD you can also link your ORCiD with your ORDO profile? This will add all your datasets in ORDO (and anywhere else that uses a DataCite DOI) to ORCiD.
This is really quick and easy to do, simply follow these steps:
- In your profile page in ORDO (pictured), click the CONNECT button to enable syncing with your ORCiD
- This will take you to ORCiD. Log in and click to authorise ORDO/Figshare to access your ORCiD account
You now need to authorise DataCite on your ORCiD account:
- Log in to ORCiD
- Go to your ORCiD Record tab
- Scroll down to works at the bottom of the page
- Hover on the +Add Works tab
- This will open a dropdown menu
- Click on the first item on the menu, Search and Link
- This will open a panel called Link Works. Find DataCite in the list.
- Click on DataCite and on the following page click to authorise
To check the authorisation has worked successfully head back to ORCiD and to your Account Settings tab. DataCite should now be listed as a Trusted organisation.
If you’re having problems setting this up or would like more information about using ORDO or ORCiD, please get in touch.