The Assessment and Feedback Special Interest Group is supported by openTEL.
Our objective is to discuss key issues in Assessment and Feedback across the Open University, look at collaborative ways of working together.
Our interests are:
- Student experience with technologies and engagement with feedback and learning
- Novel approaches and pedagogical strategies for e-assessment
- Institutional culture, challenges and innovation
- Academic integrity and “assessment- literacy”
Some of our activities are:
- Inviting internal and external speakers to present and discuss innovative topics
- Working on the relevant areas of interest
- Sharing novel studies and updating literature review
- Selecting important calls to develop proposals together
- Selecting new themes ( 4 -6 weeks) to promote significant debate
- Discussing our practices inside and outside the OU
- Dr Simon Cross, Associate Director, Quality Enhancement