The Corporate Learning Solutions team work with a large portfolio of clients to deliver creative solutions for range of different media projects and course hosting requests. The team brings together the OU's expertise in course production as well as what we have learned from presenting open online courses for informal learning on OpenLearn and OpenLearn Create. The Corporate Learning Solutions team make this expertise available to OU and external clients who have project funding for a specific purpose, such as workforce continuing professional development or international development.
Our for fee services include:
- online course building
- learning design
- website design and development
- provision of robust and sophisticated virtual learning environment functions
- author contracting
- filming (on location or in a studio)
- video and audio
- picture search
- copyright clearance
- assessment design and quiz building
- digital badging
- course and quiz testing (quality assurance) prior to publication
- promotional materials design and production
See Production Services at The Open University.
Client projects may be hosted on the Open University's open platform OpenLearn Create under the following scenarios:
- Client creates an open course for public use with the assistance and guidance of Open University pedagogical and learning design expertise which helps client share their knowledge and expertise in a course format for a wide audience. Examples include courses by Parkinson's UK, Dyslexia Scotland, TESSA, TESS-India, Social Partnerships Network, DIY Learn and OpenWASH.
- Client commissions a bespoke course which is written for a target audience - this may be the client's own workforce. Course may be presented as an 'open' course (available for anyone to study as well as their own target audience) or as a 'closed cohort' course (available behind an enrolment password for target audience only). Authorship of the course may be the client only, the client and the OU in partnership or the OU only, depending on requirements.
- Client uses a version of an existing Open University open course which is adapted slightly for a target audience - this may be the client's own workforce. Course may be presented as an 'open' course (available for anyone to study as well as their own target audience) or as a 'closed cohort' course (available behind an enrolment password for target audience only). Examples include several versions of the OU Cybersecurity MOOC which are hosted in private collections on OpenLearn Create.
- Client commissions a portal website to host a series of bespoke or adapted existing courses for their target audience. The Open University in Wales commissioned OpenLearn Cymru - a bilingual portal site a hosted by OpenLearn Create.
To discuss your project idea and requirements with us and seek a quotation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.