Why study Psychology with The Open University?
As Europe’s largest provider of university-level education in Psychology, we’re proud to produce more psychology graduates than any other university in the UK. Our high-quality content and teaching means our BSc (Hons) Psychology has been accredited with the British Psychological Society (BPS) for over 20 years.
Why you should study psychology with us:
- You’ll be eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership on completion of one of our BPS-accredited degrees.
- You’ll develop essential transferrable work-related skills, including problem-solving, reasoning and critical thinking.
- You can apply your learning to real world problems and situations such as criminal investigations, race and gender equality, relationships and therapy.
Careers in Psychology
Whether or not you later choose to train as a practitioner psychologist, study of psychology opens up exciting job opportunities in a range of professional areas. Studying an Open University qualification in psychology is excellent preparation for further or postgraduate study and career progression.
Psychology is relevant to careers in:
- Psychotherapy or counselling
- Policing, prison and probation work
- Youth services and social work
- Recruitment, selection and training