Why study Computing and IT with The Open University?
Our practical qualifications allow you to follow study routes and choose modules that fit your interests and match your career goals. Our pioneering research, ranging from cyber security to virtual reality applications, means the latest technological developments inform our teaching.
Studying Computing and IT with us could allow you to
- achieve a degree accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- undertake Cisco networking and DevNet modules, ensuring invaluable entry accreditation for the network engineering profession
- study modules developed with well-known industry partners, providing valuable real-world experience.
Careers in Computing and IT
Employers tell us they highly value Open University Computing and IT students and graduates for their ambition, time management and organisational skills. Your Open University IT qualification could be your springboard for vocational training, postgraduate study or roles in career areas such as
- database and systems management
- business intelligence and analytics
- programming, software, web or application development
- system or application analysis
- cyber security.