Why study Marketing with The Open University?
You can study marketing as part of a qualification that covers other aspects of business and management, computing and IT or business and a modern language to suit your interests or needs.
The benefits of studying marketing with us:
- Develop your understanding of why customers buy and how marketers can influence their buying.
- Learn how the latest marketing trends and emerging practices, such as social and environmental sustainability, are applied in different contexts.
- Incorporate marketing as part of a qualification that covers other aspects of business and management or computing and IT.
- Be reassured by the quality of our teaching as we’re proud to be part of an elite and exclusive group of only 1% of global business schools who are triple accredited.
Careers in Marketing
Marketing is one of the most in-demand skills as it is a key component of any business operation. Businesses rely on professionals with marketing skills to create awareness of their brand, increase sales, and make informed decisions. This can involve analysing strategies and customer perceptions to make insightful business decisions and create engaging communications.
Those who study marketing develop a diverse set of skills that can be applied to a career in:
- account management
- brand and product management
- creative and cultural industries
- marketing research
- public relations.