Why study Health Sciences with The Open University?
Through our health science courses, you’ll study the scientific concepts that underpin the function of the human mind and body; the incidence, diagnosis and treatment of disease and disability; and the maintenance and improvement of health.
The benefits of studying a health sciences qualification with us are:
- You’ll explore health and disease from a multi-disciplinary evidence-based approach.
- We’ll develop your practical skills in investigating, analysing and presenting information and data.
- You’ll gain transferable skills that will enhance your employability in the healthcare sector.
- You can fit our flexible study around your work and other commitments.
Careers in Health Sciences
The Open University’s health sciences qualifications are particularly relevant if you work in a health-related profession, or you’re thinking about doing so. Applying evidence-based scientific methodology is an essential skill needed for working in healthcare and health science settings.
Our courses in health science can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Health Science Researcher
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Medical Journalist
- Health Services Administrator