What is an Open qualification?
What combined studies and Open qualifications do we offer?
We offer a range of different combined studies qualifications at undergraduate level, from a certificate of higher education to honours degrees. Whichever qualification you choose you’ll have the flexibility to fit study around your existing commitments.
- BA/BSc (Hons) Open – the most flexible degree programme in the UK because you can study any subjects you like, in any combination, building a qualification that's unique to you.
- BSc (Hons) Combined STEM – Tailor an honours degree to your needs and interests across a range of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) modules, including psychology and sports science, or focus on one or two specific areas. If you already hold a degree, you could still be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan towards this qualification.
- Diploma of Higher Education Open – Design your own qualification to expand your knowledge and improve your skillset. This diploma of higher education is equivalent to two-thirds of our BA or BSc (Honours) Open.
- Certificate of Higher Education Open – If you’re keen to try university study but want to keep your options open, this flexible certificate is the ideal starting point as you can design your own qualification to get a general grounding in one or more subject(s).
If you’d like to brush up on your study skills and improve your confidence, an Access module is the ideal starting point. You could even study one for free.
Take your studies further
With our MA/MSc Open, you can create a personalised masters qualification across a range of disciplines.
Learn more about our MA/MSc Open
- Expand your discipline-related knowledge at masters level
- Gain broader subject-specific knowledge
- Pursue further professional development in areas that align with your employment needs and professional aspirations.
Get credit for previous study
Any previous higher education study you’ve successfully completed elsewhere could count towards your Open qualification (degree and diploma only). Through credit transfer
you could reduce the number of modules needed to complete your qualification – saving time and money.
My employers were fascinated by the flexibility of my degree, and the ability to study alongside work was something they were really impressed with.Claire Proctor, BSc (Hons) Open