What is the Open Futures – MA in Creative Writing Scholarship?
The Open University is offering a select number of students the opportunity for a full fee waiver scholarship to study the MA in Creative Writing.
Three scholarships are available in 2023/24. A scholarship will cover the full tuition cost of your qualification, up to 180 credits in total.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you’ll need to meet all the following criteria:
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay a UK fee.
- Identify as being from a Black background; applicants must have one of the following ethnicities:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Be intending to study the MA in Creative Writing starting in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Have a personal annual income of not more than £25,000 per year, or be in receipt of a UK qualifying benefit.
- Fulfil the entry requirements for the MA in Creative Writing.
- Be able to demonstrate your experience of, and a passion for, creative writing.
The full eligibility criteria for the academic year 2023/24 are listed in the scholarship terms and conditions.