Policies and statements
Key University statements and policies
The Open University's mission to be 'open to all' informs all our policies and statements.
- Statement on Equality and Diversity
- Quality and Standards Fact Sheets
- Data protection (pdf)
- Freedom of Information
- Energy matters: energy, environment and sustainability
- Welsh Language
- Financial information 2012/13 (pdf)
- Financial information 2013/14 (pdf)
- Financial information 2014/15 (pdf)
- Research integrity statement to Council (pdf)
- Prevent (Counter-Terrorism) Duty
- Statement of Principles on Academic Freedom
Policies relating to studying at the OU (covering issues like registration, assessment, computing and complaints) are collected at:
Website policies and statements
More like this
Members of The Open University’s senior management team, and their roles and departmental responsibilities.
The role and career of the current OU Chancellor, Baroness Lane-Fox of Soho, and the current OU Pro-Chancellor, Richard Gillingwater.
Key Open University statements and policies, and policies on website copyright, accessibility and privacy.
Governance at the University as defined by Royal Charter, including its officers, committees and procedures.
Information on the organisational structure of the University including its academic and administrative units in addition to associated and subsidiary organisations.