3. Why integrate Reference Management?
Some of the key benefits which can be gained from integrating reference management into a learning environment are:
- It supports students in developing key information literacy skills
- It supports lifelong learning by enabling students to keep a portfolio of past and current reading
- It supports good scholarly practice in the learning environment
- It integrates library services into the learning environment
- It can increase value for money invested in existing tools
How integration can help achieve these benefits is described in more detail in the following sections.