The Faculty of Social Sciences encompasses six disciplines: economics, geography, POLIS (Politics and International Studies), social policy & criminology, psychology, and sociology. Social sciences also hosts the university module Environment (U216).
Core modules introduce the central ideas of each discipline and are key components in gaining the main honours degree in social sciences, the BA or BSc (Hons) Combined Social Sciences, a broad-based degree that allows students to mix and match courses. The Faculty’s modules also contribute to several interfaculty degrees including:
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Computing with Psychological Studies
- BA/BSc (Hons) Environmental Studies
- BA/BSc (Hons) International Studies
- BA/BSc (Hons) Economics and Mathematical Studies
- BA/BSc (Hons) Criminology and Psychological Studies
- BA/BSc (Hons) Social Policy and Criminology
- BA/BSc Politics, Philosophy and Economics
The Faculty has also launched two new Foundation Degrees: the FD in Financial Services and the FD in Counselling.