Use your previous study to help you gain an OU qualification
If you have previously studied elsewhere you may be able to count your study towards an Open University qualification.
For example if you have:
- studied some modules or courses at university level
- completed part of a degree
- completed a professional or vocational qualification listed on the Ofqual register
- completed an HNC or HND
- studied at a university overseas
- completed other study listed in our previous study finder
then you may be able to count this study towards your OU qualification.
If you think you may be eligible then you must apply to transfer your credit before you register for an OU qualification. Once you have begun your studies you will not be able to apply for credit transfer.
It's free to apply for credit transfer but you must make sure that you allow enough time for your application to be considered. Applications for credit transfer normally take around 6 weeks to be finalised.
This website provides information for those students who start studying with us for the first time in October 2012 or later. If you studied with the OU before August 2012 please make sure that you have logged in with you OU computer username and password for more accurate credit transfer advice.