Skip to content

Toggle service links

Credit transfer

Use your previous HE study to help you gain an OU qualification

You are here

  1. Home
  2. Frequently Asked Questions
  3. What evidence do I need to provide if I have a partly completed overseas qualification?

What evidence do I need to provide if I have a partly completed overseas qualification?

If you are applying for credit transfer for a partly completed qualification studied overseas, we require an official academic transcript or diploma supplement to support your application. The transcript or diploma supplement should state the title of the qualification you were studying towards, list all the modules or subjects you studied in each year and the marks or grades you achieved for each module, including a key to the grades.

If you have previously studied in Europe, please provide official confirmation of the ECTS credit rating for each module. If your previous study pre-dates ECTS credit ratings, the transcript or diploma supplement should clearly indicate the proportion of the qualification for which you successfully completed the assessment. To help us identify the proportion of study you have successfully completed we may need you to provide confirmation from your previous institution of the overall requirements of the qualification.

The transcript or diploma supplement should be stamped or signed by the registry of your previous institution and be on original letter-headed paper. You may also need to provide syllabus information. If you do not have this information you should contact your previous institution to request it.

Any evidence in a language other than English must be accompanied by a formal translation of the documents.

Already studied?

 If you have already studied with the OU please sign in to make sure that you get the credit transfer information that is relevant to you. 

Contact us

If you have any queries about applying for credit transfer please feel free to contact us using the link below.

Please try to include:

  • which qualification you completed
  • the organisation you completed it through
  • when you completed it
  • which OU qualification you would like to transfer to

Contact us about credit transfer.

If you have general questions about the University feel free to contact us.

More information about The Open University.