Skip to content

Toggle service links

Credit transfer

Use your previous HE study to help you gain an OU qualification

You are here

  1. Home
  2. Frequently Asked Questions
  3. What evidence do I need to provide for my overseas qualification?

What evidence do I need to provide for my overseas qualification?

If you are applying for credit transfer for a qualification studied overseas, we require an official academic transcript or diploma supplement to support your application. The transcript or diploma supplement should state the title of the qualification you were studying towards, list all of the modules or subjects you studied in each year and the marks or grades you achieved for each module including a key to the grades. If you have previously studied in Europe, please provide official confirmation of the ECTS credit rating for each module.

Depending on the OU qualification that you are applying for credit transfer towards you may also need to provide syllabus information.

If any of your documents are in a language other than English then you will also need to provide a formal translation of the documents. This must be completed by a professional translator; unfortunately we are unable to accept documents that you have translated yourself.

If you only partly completed your overseas qualification there is some additional evidence we require.

Already studied?

 If you have already studied with the OU please sign in to make sure that you get the credit transfer information that is relevant to you. 

Contact us

If you have any queries about applying for credit transfer please feel free to contact us using the link below.

Please try to include:

  • which qualification you completed
  • the organisation you completed it through
  • when you completed it
  • which OU qualification you would like to transfer to

Contact us about credit transfer.

If you have general questions about the University feel free to contact us.

More information about The Open University.