The Open University in Northern Ireland
Welcome to The Open University in Northern Ireland – the top rated university for overall student satisfaction in 2013.*
Wherever you live in Northern Ireland, The Open University can open up opportunities for anyone to access higher education.
Did you know?
- Most of our undergraduate courses do not require any previous qualifications - simply a willingness to learn.
- If you already have an HE qualification, such as an HNC or HND, you may be able to transfer credit towards an Open University degree.
- Our fees are inclusive and cover course materials, tuition, assessment and any residential schools.
- It's no coincidence 75% of FTSE 100 companies have sponsored staff on our courses - they understand the benefits of doing things our way.
- Our business school is among the top 1% in the world with recognition from the top 3 international accreditation bodies - AMBA, AACSB and EFMD.
- If you live in Northern Ireland, have a household income of less than £25,000 (or are in receipt of qualifying benefits), have no previous experience of study with The Open University and have not completed a Higher Education qualification above NQF Level 4, you may be able to study an Access module for free.
The OU in Northern Ireland has over 4,500 students supported by 169 tutors and 46 staff based at the headquarters in Belfast, which also serves students in the Republic of Ireland.
You can find out more about the region here.
If you would like to meet with our staff and discuss what courses we have to suit your needs, come along to one of our events, visit us at fairs and exhibitions throughout the year, or phone the Belfast Office on 028 9032 3722.
* According to the National Student Survey 2013