Welcome to the OU Club's website, where you'll find all the information you need to enjoy the benefits the Club has to offer you. As a member of staff you are automatically a member of the OU Club and can take advantage of the benefits featured in this site.
The Club exists to provide social and recreational facilities to staff and also to the general public. You can join an affiliated club and meet new people or get discounts in local and national retailers.
Unlimited Magazines free for 2 months from Readly.com plus a free £10 Amazon Voucher*
*cancel anytime, subject to terms and conditions.
How does this offer work?
If you join the scheme after the 29th June, there will be an ongoing offer of 1 months free, plus a £10 Amazon Gift Card if they choose to stay with Readly for a minimum of 3 months i.e. you will be required to pay the £7.99 subscription fee for the second month onward.
To claim this offer go to: : gb.readly.com/ou
Social use of unsupported meeting and collaboration tools (Zoom and others) is permitted, but we do need to draw your attention to the risks. Conversations and other content in social events with work colleagues may drift into core University work topics. We therefore ask attendees to be alert to this risk in their participation, and if they observe others straying into work topics, they should politely remind them that this is a social event and work topics are not appropriate. Most importantly, Data Protection Policy still applies. The following guidance for using these platforms securely should be adhered to:
• Search the Internet for advice on how to secure meetings using your chosen tool
• Use a unique meeting ID for each event, not your personal meeting ID
• Password-protect events
• Limit who can share screens – require the meeting organiser to approve screen sharing
• Use the waiting room / lobby feature to screen attendees. If you can choose the supplier data centre that will facilitate the event, pick one in the UK or EU if available
• If you cannot work out how to secure and protect your meeting, use a different tool.
Wednesday, 3 June, 2020 - 11:00 to Thursday, 1 October, 2020 - 11:15
Club Office : OU-Club@open.ac.uk
Susan Scimè, Club Co-ordinator
x53852 or 01908 653852
Geoffrey Crowther Building
If you would like to know about OU Club events quickly, why not put your name down on the Club's e-mail list?
We will send you information such as social events and new discounts.