The CFP for our next annual conference is now open! This first annual conference on the theme of 'Early Modern Sensory Experiences' will take place at Kellogg College, Oxford on 9-10 June 2022. It will consider sensory experiences from a variety of perspectives, which might include the following:
- Contemporary perceptions of the senses in relation to particular human activities.
- What different sources or artefacts reveal about intended and real sensory experiences in particular places or contexts.
- The intersection of the different senses and the different components (tangible and ephemeral) involved in a particular human experience.
- How sensory experiences were shaped by and in turn shaped cultural, social and economic conditions.
- How the movement of people, objects, practices and their associated sensorial experiences gave rise to the transfer of similar, or the development of new, sensory experiences.
- How sensory experiences varied according to gender, social class, race or other perceptions of difference.
- How consideration of the senses might offer new insights into transcultural exchanges.
The CFP closes on 14 January 2022. For further details see here.