Why choose an OU counselling short course?
Counsellors, psychotherapists, and trainees will benefit from these CPD courses that are:
- Relevant and specialised: Gain knowledge and skills aligned with the evolving needs of clients and the counselling field and stay updated with the latest trends.
- Engaging and flexible: Study at your own pace with high-quality, engaging multi-media content, including therapy videos, audios and client case studies.
- Designed by experts: Developed by The Open University's counselling academic experts, in collaboration with industry partners, providing insights using case studies.
- Informed by research: Based on the latest research, our courses ensure you learn the most effective and up-to-date counselling techniques and best practices.
- Credible: Created with input from professional bodies and aligned with relevant frameworks and competencies, such as the Scope of Practice and Education (SCoPEd) framework, ensuring the content aligns with recognised guidelines and best practices.
On completion of the course, you'll gain a CPD certificate of completion and a digital badge as evidence of your commitment to ongoing learning and meet membership or accreditation requirements.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB)
- Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO)