You can link your ORO profile to your ORCID account (either an existing account or a new account created as part of this process). This has three key benefits:
- It allows all your publications listed in ORO to be automatically added to ORCID
- It verifies that your ORCID account is actually yours (ORO serves as an institutional verifier of your identity)
- Your ORCID ID will feed through to the HESA information in your personal details on staff self service (requires login)
But there are a couple of things to be aware of:
- This connection will only identify duplicate publications if they have Digital Object Identifiers
- New records added to ORO are not automatically added to ORCID at this stage
Future ORO-ORCID development work may be able to address these issues. We also hope it will address other outstanding functionality (e.g. pulling items from ORCID to ORO and displaying ORCIDs in the front end of ORO).
In the meantime if you'd like to take advantage of our current integration please follow the steps below:
- Go to your ORO user area (requires login) and click the button labelled “Create or Connect your ORCID ID”.
- On the bottom of the next page, click the “Connect to ORCID” button.
- If you need to create an ORCID account:
- On the next page complete the form with email address and a new password, accept the conditions and complete the captcha. On the next page review permissions and click the “Authorize” button at the bottom
- If you already have an ORCID account:
- On the next page login to your ORCID account using your existing ORCID username and password and sign in. On the next page review permissions and click the “Authorize” button at the bottom.