We are proud of the distinctive values and capabilities that underpin our vision, embracing inclusivity, driving innovation, and generating impact.
We are inclusive:
- We transform people’s lives for the better, ensuring EEES education is openly accessible to students from diverse backgrounds, contributing to social mobility.
- We enable under-represented communities and places to engage with us and our science through open educational resources, multi-platform broadcasting, citizen science, and other forms of engagement and enterprise.
- We support rigorous, responsible and responsive research and innovation to involve a more diverse range of people and partners in the development process, building on concepts such as open innovation.
We are innovative:
- We are recognised as leaders in using digital technologies to enhance the student experience, bringing high-quality education to students learning in a wide variety of situations.
- In EEES technology-supported learning covers: structured, integrated and collaborative online learning, practical experimentation, field work and use of instruments to investigate the Earth system as a whole, and specific geological and ecological components.
- Our high-quality teaching, curriculum and innovation are informed by world-leading research, strong links with professional bodies and communities of practitioners, as well as by research and scholarship focused on providing leadership in our fields and on continuously improving EEES pedagogy.
We deliver significant social and economic impact:
- We provide EEES higher education at scale, with international reach and further growth potential.
- We transfer EEES skills and knowledge to produce capable and skilled citizens to support informed decision making about Earth and environmental science issues in wider society and the workplace.
- The employability value of our courses is underpinned in most cases by accreditation from leading Professional Bodies and Learned Societies, as well as partnerships and sponsorship with leading employers.
- Our high-quality teaching and research address real-world issues, delivering impact for society and the economy, including addressing STEM skills shortages across the UK.
Senior School Manager
School Office Manager
School Office Administrator