Forum for Adult Learning Northern Ireland (FALNI)
The Open University is a member of the Forum for Adult Learning NI. This is a voluntary network of stakeholder organisations with region-wide interests and responsibilities.
The Forum aims to ensure that Adult Learning is high on the agenda of the Northern Ireland Assembly. It will do so by offering a coherent voice to engage with the Assembly in meeting its key objectives of growing a dynamic, innovative economy and promoting tolerance, inclusion, health and well-being.
The Forum aims to demonstrate to stakeholders that improving, increasing and extending opportunities for adults to learn throughout their lives, has real public as well as personal benefits.
The Forum achieves its aims by:
- Gathering evidence of the role, impact and value of Adult Learning to the social and economic development of NI.
- Engaging the interest of local politicians, policy makers, funders, those with responsibility for resource allocation and other key influencers.
- Participating in and influencing policy development
- Facilitating information sharing and dissemination within the wider sector.
- Keeping a watching brief on policy implementation.
In addition to The Open University current membership of FALNI consists of:
|Age NI||Colleges NI||ICTU|