Study-Related Costs Funding
Study-Related Costs Funding is available to help students who need extra financial support with their study costs, such as internet access, travel, childcare and study materials. It’s typically a reimbursement of costs, meaning you’ll need to provide receipts as a part of your application.
To be eligible you must:
- be studying towards an OU qualification
- study at least 30 credits in an academic year
- actively participate on the module
- be paying a UK module fee (England, Wales or Northern Ireland), and
- be in receipt of qualifying benefits or have a household income not more than £25,000 a year.
How to apply for Study-Related Costs Funding
We encourage you to only apply once your module has started, as applications are typically assessed two weeks after the module start date.
Application forms are accessible through your StudentHome Help Centre, which you’ll have access to once you have a student account with us. There are also downloadable guidance notes, which has more information about eligibility criteria and supporting evidence you can provide.