To be able to take this module you must:
- hold a degree from a UK university or equivalent, or in the case of non-graduates, be able to demonstrate equivalent academic ability and professional experience.
- be registered with an appropriate regulatory body and evidence this by providing your registration number, which can be checked using online public sources.
- have a current valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provide a signed declaration from the Trust to evidence that their DBS is up-to-date.
- have support provided by an approved Practice Assessor (formerly termed as DMP) who meets the eligibility criteria for the assessment and/or supervision of trainee prescribers (as described by the appropriate professional body) for the required term of supervised practice.
- have a supporting organisation which is able to provide governance, learning opportunities and continued service provision.
- fulfil the necessary minimum requirements of the registrants' regulatory body (GPhC, HCPC or NMC).
If you have any doubt about the suitability of the module, please speak to an adviser.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please contact us for details on the application process, or for further guidance.
You should ideally be employed as a nurse or midwife1 registered with the NMC, a pharmacist registered with the GPhC, or an allied health professional registered with the HCPC.
We'd recommend you apply for this module a minimum of four weeks before final registration (listed below). Places are limited and in high demand. Applying early allows sufficient time for your application to be processed.
||29 July 2021
||13 January 2022
You are required to produce a personal statement to support your application. This statement should be original work, written by you, and include a short summary of the group of patients you are planning to prescribe for and the setting. Academic referencing is not required but your personal statement should be written in prose and demonstrate a good use of English.
1We are currently awaiting confirmation regarding whether this qualification will made be available to midwives. This page will be updated once confirmation has been received.