You will need to:
How to apply
You will need to complete an application form. If you are interested in applying, please contact us for more details.
You should be a nurse or midwife1 registered with the NMC, a pharmacist registered with the GPhC, or an allied health professional registered with the HCPC.
We'd recommend you apply for this qualification a minimum of four weeks before final registration (listed below). Places are limited and in high demand. Applying early allows sufficient time for your application to be processed.
||29 July 2021
||13 January 2022
How long study takes
The minimum time to complete this qualification is seven months and must be completed within 13 months to meet the requirements of the regulatory bodies.
The expected total study time is 600 hours, which will include:
- four separate days of face-to-face activities (due to the ongoing pandemic, we may replace face-to-face events with an online alternative)
- four days equivalent of synchronous online forum-based activities (15 x 2 hour sessions)
- 18 days online study activities
- 90 hours of supervised, in-practice learning
- 315 hours of self-directed learning
Prior learning, experience and clinical exposure will help with the self-directed learning portion, so you may find that you require fewer self-directed hours than that specified here. This is perfectly admissible but a pass in all summative assessments must be achieved in order to be awarded a pass in the overall module/qualification.
1We are currently awaiting confirmation regarding whether this qualification will made be available to midwives. This page will be updated once confirmation has been received.