Public engagement in STEM research is carried out as a multi-disciplinary activity with involvement from the STEM faculty and partner units. The home of public engagement is eSTEeM, a centre that innovates and researches in learning, teaching and engagement. We have access to major channels for public engagement and operate internationally, giving us the opportunity for inter-cultural comparisons.
For detailed information on current fees visit Fees and funding
Minimum 2.1 (a STEM background is desirable for some but not all projects).
Potential research projects
We welcome enquiries from prospective students in these areas:
- engaging via digital technologies and tools
- generating impact, engaging user communities with STEM research
- policy formation, governance and decision making.
Current/recent research projects
- Citizen cyberscience: what motivates participation and how are these initiatives influencing public engagement activities in the sciences?
- Exploring ‘Digital Scholarship’ within a climate of openness and transparency: promoting the Large Hadron Collider and high-energy physics
If you have an enquiry specific to this research area please contact:
- Administrative support
- +44 (0)1908 655114
For general enquiries please contact the Research Degrees Team via the link
under 'Your Questions' on the right of the page.