The call for papers for the online conference ‘Distance education: a brave new world?’ has been extended until 31 January 2022.
Some themes that might be interesting for our online learning and fun network:
Transformation in teaching and learning
- Teachers’ creativity vs process constraints
- Lessons learnt
Educational models, configurations and practices
- Well-established teaching methodologies and new practices
- Traditional, new, tested and forthcoming models of distance, blended and online learning
Perception of distance education and its mission
- Old and new perceptions of distance education
- Positioning in relation to traditional education
- Abstracts may be submitted in French or in English.
- Abstracts must be between 300 to 600 words including references (if required).
- Conference presentations will last 10-15 minutes with 5 minutes for questions to maximise the number of sessions and increase the diversity of views and experiences.
- The scientific committee may ask authors to amend their accepted abstracts before their publication on the conference website.
- Authors will be asked to submit short papers (3,000 to 4,000 words including references) for publication on the conference website before the conference.
- Selected conference proceedings will be published in a special issue of the journal Distances et médiations des savoirs (Distance and mediation of knowledge) based on the conference themes. Authors who wish to submit full papers for the special issue will be provided with further information after the conference.
The submitted abstracts will be evaluated by members of the conference scientific committee through a double-blind review process.
Please visit the ‘Submission’ tab above to submit your abstract through our online platform*.
* To be able to submit an abstract, you will need to create an account on the conference platform. Click on ‘login’ at the top of this page to create your account or follow this link.
Important dates for authors
|28 October 2021||Call for papers opens|
|31 January 2022||Deadline for submissions of abstracts (300 to 600 words including references)|
|28 March 2022||Notifications to authors (including possible revisions)|
|15 June 2022||Deadline for submission of short papers
(3,000 to 4,000 words including references)
|30 September 2022||Publication of short papers prior to the conference|
|20-21 October 2022||Online conference|
|After the conference (date to be confirmed)||Opportunity to submit full papers for publication in DMS (details to be confirmed)|