Research is undertaken in:
- Applications of complexity theory
- Complexity in the design of products, processes and organisations
- Simulation, modelling and design of very large sociotechnical systems
- Design of autonomous machine systems, including cooperating and swarm robots; education and entertainment robotics
- Machine vision and intelligent geometry; pattern recognition; computer vision
- Hypernetwork theory and its applications in design of sociotechnical systems
- Policy design.
PhD or MPhil
For detailed information on current fees visit Fees and funding
Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent). Masters level qualification with evidence of research methods at postgraduate level.
Potential research projects
We welcome applications for research projects; please contact the department to discuss the suitability of your research interests.
If you have an enquiry specific to this research area please contact:
- Dr Emma Dewberry
- +44 (0)1908 332940
For general enquiries please contact the Research Degrees Team via the link
under 'Your Questions' on the right of the page.