The interests of the Complex Dynamics Group include:
- Applied analysis: renormalization theory and nonlinear dynamical systems
- Complex analysis: the boundary behaviour of analytic and subharmonic functions
- Complex dynamics: the structure of the escaping set and dimensions of Julia sets of transcendental entire functions
- Fractal geometry: the structure of sets and measures in Euclidean spaces
- Hyperbolic geometry and continued fraction theory
- Value distribution and quasiregular mappings
Professor Gwyneth Stallard and Professor Phil Rippon have both been awarded the London Mathematical Society Whitehead Prize.