What is the scholarship?
- 50 scholarships are available in 2018/19.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate modules and qualifications are eligible for the scheme, as long as the first module commences in the applicable academic year.
- Full fee waivers will be available for a full undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, up to a maximum of 120 credits per seasonal academic year, 360 credits in total and not exceeding £18,000.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the scheme you must meet all the following criteria:
- Be starting OU study in the applicable academic year.
- Be eligible for a UK fee.
- Be disabled as a result of, or in, military service.
You'll find all of the eligibility criteria in the terms and conditions.
You will need to provide evidence which confirms that your disability arose during, or as a result of, military service. This could be a letter from your current GP or Consultant, or your confirmation of medical discharge.
What specialist support will I receive?
All eligible applicants (whether you are successful for a scholarship or not) will be entitled to pre-entry careers information and advice. All successful applicants may also be entitled to receive:
- Specialist resources such as workbooks, webinars and forums.
- Ongoing career coaching/mentoring support for the duration of study.
- Additional support will be provided subject to the requirements and career goals of each student.
- Successful applicants will be able to request specialist equipment and disability support. This will be in addition to any support provided via the Disabled Student’s Allowance.
- Any additional support will be looked at on a case-by-case basis, depending on your requirements.