Study-Related Costs Funding
Our Study-Related Costs Funding is there to help students who need extra financial support for their study costs. This could include costs like internet access, travel to tutorials, childcare and stationery. It’s usually a reimbursement of costs, meaning you’ll need to provide receipts as part of your application.
To be eligible, you must:
- be studying towards an OU qualification
- study at least 30 credits in an academic year
- actively participate on your module
- be paying a UK module fee (England, Wales, or Northern Ireland)
- be in receipt of qualifying benefits, or have a household income of no more than £25,000 a year.
How to apply for Study-Related Costs Funding
We encourage you to only apply once your module has started, as applications are usually assessed two weeks after the module start date.
You can download the application form online, through your StudentHome Help Centre, which you can access once you have a student account with us. There are also downloadable guidance notes that have more information about the eligibility criteria and supporting evidence you can provide.