To successfully complete the two compulsory work-based modules for this qualification, whatever your chosen career, you must:
- be engaged in full-time or part-time employment – either paid or voluntary
- have permission to carry out work-based learning tasks in your work setting
- confirm that the work you submit is based on your practice in that setting.
You’ll need some basic knowledge of computing and the ability to read and write to a good standard of English.
If you’re thinking about choosing mathematics options, check that you’re ready for mathematical study at this level by visiting our MathsChoices website.
Counting previous study
You could save time and money by reducing the number of modules you need to study towards this qualification if you have:
- already studied at university level (even if you didn't finish your studies)
- other professional or vocational qualifications such as HNCs and HNDs.
Find out more about credit transfer
Preparing for study with an Access module
If your study skills are a bit rusty or you want to try out Open University study before committing yourself, don’t worry! The OU offers Access modules designed to introduce the subject area, build your confidence and prepare you for further study, and you may be eligible to study an Access module for free! You'll get:
- a personal tutor providing regular feedback with one to one telephone tutorials
- support from a dedicated team throughout your study
- detailed written feedback.
For this qualification we recommend: