Why study Science with The Open University?
Whether you choose a broad range of science topics, or to specialise your study, you’ll have the opportunity to explore where your scientific interests lie. With modules and qualifications informed by our own scientific and educational research, we take pride in our international reputation for teaching and research across multiple science disciplines.
The OU can offer you:
- Optional hands-on laboratory work in chemistry, physics, or biology and health, hosted at our Milton Keynes campus.
- Many science courses that use our award-winning OpenScience laboratory.
- Physics-based qualifications recognised by the Institute of Physics.
- Transferable skills highly valued by employers.
OpenPlus – combine OU and campus-based study
If you’re considering study at a campus-based university, but perhaps your qualifications, finances or family commitments are holding you back, then OpenPlus could be the ideal blend of home based flexibility and on-campus university life. For more information about this unique partnership scheme, visit the OpenPlus website.
Careers in Science
Expand your career opportunities with The Open University’s high quality of teaching and active involvement in international research programmes. With ever increasing employer demand for skilled and qualified science graduates, this could be your starting point for a career in:
- Science administration or management
- Technical consultancy
- Industrial research
Spotlight on Geology
If you're curious about our planet and interested in discovering solutions to environmental issues, then our geology courses could be for you.