This degree course is restricted to students working in social care in Scotland.
For sponsored students entry has to be made through the employing agency: you cannot apply direct to the OU. A limited number of places are available to non-sponsored students – for more information contact The Open University in Scotland.
Employing agencies and individuals who are interested in this degree should contact the Social Work Co-ordinator at The Open University in Scotland on 0131 226 3851 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates for the degree must:
- have qualifications in English and Maths at the level of Standard Grade Two
- show that they can communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- demonstrate that they have the appropriate personal and intellectual qualities to be social workers
- take part in an interview
- register with the SSSC as a student social worker – this includes a Disclosure Scotland check.
Many students receive credit transfer for study completed elsewhere, enabling them to start this programme at Stage 2. However, some may need to complete additional modules at Stage 1.
If you are a non-sponsored student, you must have completed Stages 1 and 2 either by passing the specified OU modules or by being awarded credit transfer for previous study elsewhere. Following a successful interview and selection, you will then enter the degree at Stage 3.
The next start date is October 2017.
The deadline for submitting an application is 21 April 2017 (non-sponsored route) and 30 June 2017 (sponsored route).