Why study with Social Work The Open University?
For over 30 years, we've been delivering supported and open distance learning preparing students for the challenging, yet rewarding, experience of becoming social workers. You'll study a curriculum developed by leading academics and professionals actively engaged in the field, so you know our teaching reflects the priorities of today's employers.
The benefits of studying social work with us are:
- The OU is the UK's largest provider of a part-time qualifying degree in social work.
- We work in partnership with employers including the NHS, social services and the voluntary sector.
- Earn while you learn. Our flexible study fits in with your work and home life, so you don’t have to give up the day job. You can also progress at different speeds to suit your needs and those of your employer.
- We have courses suited for all levels and stages of your career. Perfect if you're starting out or changing profession, developing your career in care, or simply seeking to develop your understanding of social care.
Careers in Social Work
Studying for an Open University qualification in social work is ideal preparation for personal development and career progression, whatever your level of experience. We offer a wide range of practice-related courses including single modules for professional development, qualifying and post-qualifying programmes, vocational training, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and research opportunities.
Our range of courses in social work can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Social or Youth Worker
- Probation Officer
- Community Development Worker