Why study Education with The Open University?
You'll gain a sound foundation of further study relevant for a range of roles within education. Our primary education courses are suitable if you're working, volunteering or seeking to work in schools or in the wider education sector.
The benefits of studying an education qualification with us are:
- You'll collaborate with other students and debate teaching and learning from around the globe.
- Your learning about primary school education is practice-focused.
- You can gain entry into a PGCE/PGDE as most HE providers consider the BA (Hons) Education Studies (Primary) suitable.
- You can fit our flexible study around your work and other commitments.
Careers in Education
Our education qualifications will give you a foundation for a range of roles relating to primary education, including helping you prepare to apply for teacher training. They're also relevant to other careers within childcare, health, education, play work and working with families and young people.
Our courses in education can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Primary School Teacher
- Teaching Assistant
- Play Worker
- Children's Centre Manager