Why study Computing and IT with The Open University?
You can follow the study path that fits your interests or career goals with our innovative and practical undergraduate qualifications. Our pioneering research, ranging from cyber security to virtual reality applications, means our teaching is informed by the latest technological developments.
OU computing and IT study can offer you:
- Qualifications that have been quality assured by the European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE).
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) modules, providing invaluable entry accreditation for the network engineering profession.
- Honours degrees accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, which have been accorded the highest levels of recognition in the last four accreditation cycles.
Careers in Computing and IT
Computing and IT is a rapidly growing sector of employment, and the UK is recognised as a world leader in producing talented graduates. You could develop your skills and knowledge in the key employment areas in need of skilled candidates. Employers highly regard Open University computing and IT graduates for their ambition, time management and organisational skills.
You could start your career in:
- Database administration
- Business intelligence/analytics
- Programming or application development
- Web development