Why study Design with The Open University?
In studying our design modules, your learning would feature online design studios, social networking and inspiring study materials alongside a significant practical component. As well as studying design, you’ll normally study a complementary subject alongside.
The benefits of studying a design qualification with us are:
- You don’t need a portfolio or grades to start a design course with us
- Our degrees are professionally recognised.
- You can learn about several different design specialisms.
- You can combine your study of design with other subjects to fit your needs or interests.
Careers in Design
Design and innovation play a central role in society, producing solutions to problems in every aspect of our lives, not just in the creative industries. A design and innovation approach can bring value to almost any activity. As an OU student, you can put your learning into practice as you study.
Our courses in design can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Product designer
- Design consultant
- Research and development manager
- Technical journalist