Careers in English
Studying English will equip you with a highly adaptable set of skills important to a vast range of occupations. The qualities you will develop, such as critical thinking and communication skills, are much in demand in today’s competitive job market, and English is a discipline highly regarded by graduate employers.
An OU qualification in English could lead to a career in:
- Advertising, Public Relations Creative Industries
- Journalism and Publishing
- Government bodies and Arts institutions
- Human Resources, Legal Work, Banking, Retail
- Charities and Campaigning