Why study Environment with The Open University?
Our research directly informs our course materials – in the most recent Research Excellence Framework results, 69% of our development studies research and 76% of our geography and environmental studies research was assessed as being world-leading or internationally excellent.
Study environment with us and you’ll benefit from:
- A combination of interdisciplinary and more specialist courses to suit different background.
- The opportunity to take part in both residential field schools and virtual fieldwork.
- Regular contact with your tutor and our student support team, there to support you on your learning journey.
- Courses that are cutting-edge, accessible to all and recognised as such by employers and professional bodies.
OpenPlus – combine OU and campus-based study
If you’re considering study at a campus-based university, but perhaps your qualifications, finances or family commitments are holding you back, then OpenPlus could be the ideal blend of home based flexibility and on-campus university life. For more information about this unique partnership scheme, visit the OpenPlus website.
Careers in Environment
Environment-related issues affect every aspect of our lives – from local decisions about waste management to the global challenges of climate change. Employers are increasingly looking for people with the knowledge and understanding needed to stay ahead in this fast-changing and critically important area.
Some examples of career areas in environment include:
- Environmental policy and/or consultancy
- Nature conservation
- Energy management
- Pollution control