You are viewing information for England.  Change country or region.

Loans for degree holders in England

If you already hold an honours degree or higher-level qualification, you may be eligible for a loan to study a further honours degree. If you're looking to re-skill or up-skill in subjects such as psychology, science, computing, maths, nursing or healthcare you could still be eligible for a loan.

The loan is a Tuition Fee Loan and you apply directly to Student Finance England.

There are lots of ways to pay for OU study

Key facts

You can apply for a loan to cover tuition fees if:

  • The degree you want to study is in an approved subject (see list of eligible qualifications below).
  • Your degree started on or after 1st September 2017.
  • You meet the rest of the eligibility criteria for a tuition fee loan.

The loan is awarded by Student Finance England and you'll apply through them. Find out more about Part-Time Tuition Fee Loans.

Eligible qualifications

Degree holders can apply for Tuition Fee Loans towards the following eligible honours degrees.

Please note: This list may be subject to change.

Using your previous study

You may be able to use your previous study to reduce the time and cost of completing your degree. If you studied for your existing degree at another university and would like your previous study to count towards an Open University qualification, this may be possible under our credit transfer system.