Why study Health and Social Care with The Open University?
You’ll be studying with one of the largest and most innovative providers of educational opportunities and learning solutions in the health and social care sector. For over 30 years, we have been delivering supported and open distance learning in this field, creating highly-respected materials for use across this fast-changing industry.
The benefits of studying health and social care with us are:
- Earn while you learn – our flexible study is designed to fit around your work and home life.
- We work with employers, including the NHS, social services and the voluntary sector, providing qualifications that meet their changing needs.
- You’ll gain a broad understanding of the diverse practices, settings and influential factors that make up and effect this sector.
- We offer a wide-range of courses, whatever your level of experience or interest. Just choose what is right for you.
Careers in Health and Social care
Health and social care services are changing – care is increasingly complex with new challenges including management of continuity of care, long term conditions, rehabilitation, dementia and end-of-life care. Studying for a qualification with The Open University can open up career opportunities for you in this growing sector.
Our range of courses in health and social care can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Registered Nurse or healthcare practitioner
- Youth or Social Worker
- Registered Care Manager
- Charity Officer
Take advantage of part-time study while you gain on-the-job experience in the sector. Studying health and social care with the OU has a flexible, step-on/step-off model that allows progression and development when it’s most convenient for you.