Why study Mental Health with The Open University?
For over 30 years, The Open University’s School of Health, Wellbeing and Social Care has been delivering supported and open distance learning and developing highly-respected materials for multi-disciplinary and multi-professional use. Today, we are one of the largest and most innovative providers of educational opportunities and learning solutions in this sector.
Benefits of studying mental health with The Open University include:
- Courses designed and led by leading experts in health and social care, with a strong focus on transforming health and social care practice through education and research.
- Studies with a flexible, step-on/step-off model that allows progression and development when it’s most convenient for you.
- A strong track record in applied health and social care research, with funding partners including Research Councils (ESRC and AHRC) and the National Institute for Health Research.
Careers in Mental Health
Study in this area will prepare you for a rewarding career in mental health nursing or similar areas. Our status as a world leader in distance learning means that with our courses, you can work while you study, enabling you to critically assess multiple perspectives and apply new understanding in practice as you progress.
Potential job roles related to this area of study include:
- Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Forensic Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Health Practice Development Nurse
- Specialist practitioner in emergency mental health