Why study Politics with The Open University?
The Politics and International Studies team at The Open University are well versed in opening up seemingly inaccessible topics and communicating them clearly. We regularly collaborate with the BBC to deliver innovative and informative radio and television programmes, and our courses are made equally engaging and exploratory.
Study politics with The Open University to:
- Gain insight into debates that dominate the news and an understanding of the underlying issues.
- Be taught by faculty members committed to an innovative agenda in both teaching and research supervision.
- Explore how policies are constructed in theory and tested in practice.
- Increase your employability across the private and public sectors.
Careers in Politics
An understanding of politics is central to knowledge of how modern societies are organised and governed. Studying this subject will give you a combination of skills highly in demand across the private, public and non-profit sectors.
Some of the employers which politics graduates go on to work for include:
- Local and national government
- Law firms
- Media organisations